Tuesday, May 19, 2009

PURA VIDA in COSTA RICA


HOLA CHICAS!



I hope you are all having a wonderful summer so far and I miss everyone already! I know me, Sarah and Dani promised everyone that we would post some pictures from Costa Rica, and I am the first one home so I'm going to post some pictures for you guys! There is so much to tell and I took like 200 pictures so this is just a little taste of what our trip was like. We went to a few different places while we were in Costa Rica--La Fortuna, Monteverde, Nosara and Alajuela (San Jose). We hiked to a waterfall, zip lined over the forest, white water rafted, attempted surfing, spoke some espanol (mostly me :) ), ate plenty of rice and beans, had delicious FRUIT, got sun burnt, got bitten by ants and mosquitos, met some crazy TICOS (Costarican people), had more than a million people stare at us because we are American and huge, relaxed in hammocks, walked in the muddy mud, looked at froggy froggies and woody woodies (what they called their frogs and wood peckers), tripped and fell flat on our face (ehem..Dani), attempted some intense yoga, and best of all we bought some land so that we can go back there and vacation whenever we want :). Ok so not really.. but we were tempted. I'm sure the other girls will give more details on our trip, but that's just a little recap and I'll post some pictures here for you to enjoy!




The shirt that I bought says "Pura Vida", which is a saying that they always use in Costa Rica pretty much in any context. Translated it means "Pure Life", but really it's just describes their chill, laid-back life style. So I hope everybody is having an amazing summer...BARTO can't believe you are in Poland I hope you are having a blast and SHARD you are getting married so soon!! AHH. I figured I'd put my answer to the question on here as well...

My dad is a huge part of who I am because he has so many qualities that I have tried to emulate ever since I was little. He is patient, loving and rarely ever gets angry. He is such a peacemaker in our home and he gets along with everyone. In tough situations I always try and think of what my dad would do in the situation because I know that whatever he would do, is most likely how I should handle the situation. I agree that there are so many people that shape our lives each and every day, and he is just one of the many people that have shaped mine!

MUCHO AMOR ♥ & PURA VIDA

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment